StarvingStomachStarvingStomach

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Tron Guy Legacy Tron Guy Legacy

i wan your man meat deep within me..

Dot Dot Dot - Animated Dot Dot Dot - Animated

FUCKING BRILLIANT!

I spilled my drink I was laughing so hard. OMG THIS ROCKS!!.

Bum Nuts Bum Nuts

Not bad

Its not the greatest thing on newgrounds. But its not bad. I look forward to more.

Starbarians Teaser Starbarians Teaser

Why?!

Why...WHY?! WHy are you so fucking amazing?!! I work my ass off at my craft and here you take a shit, and the peanuts in you stool are better animation than what I dream of making. On top of that you compose and voice act. ITS JUST NOT RIGHT!

RUSH. RUSH.

Good, but not great.

For get about music, People on newgrounds don't know what they are talking about. What you need is your timing to improve. You have some great cinema photography, and some great story telling archs, But what could vastly improve it is the right energy. I think if you built up the energy of the piece to the end, the gag would play out better.

Ballgina Safari Ballgina Safari

raibh

go raibh físeán uafásach. Tá súil agam go bhfaighidh tú bás ar bhás Uafásach.

Katan Katan

Here is my Detailed Critique

Its good, the art style is excellent. Now get ready for my brutal critique.

1. Intro is a bit to long. in the world of the internet and newgrounds, you must assume your audience has a five second attention span.

2. Like the music, but then it got monotonous. You had a wonderful fight scene going on, and sound effects would have enhanced it. I'm not saying sound effects all the time. Just here and there.

3. The pacing of your film is the exact same through out the entire animation. You need to make your films act like a roller coaster. Having the pacing go up and down, fast and slow. This could have been created if there was a pause in the whole pace when the blue one falls onto the plat form down by the dragon. You could have drawn that part out a little and have him sit there and think about his situation for a couple of seconds while cutting the music (good place for water dripping sound effects and such). Then OMG!! THERE IS A FUCKING DRAGON!!

4: You had a lot of great crazy angles at the beginning of the film. With warped perspective and such. But then they kinda disappeared. Why?

5: Character designs are cute, but a little flat. If you made them pop more it would add so much believability to the animation.

That's mainly it. Animation is solid for the style that you are going for. I'm normally not a fan of fight sequences, but this one had story and a set up to it. So I'm ok with it. Mostly I'm being nit picky, but I'm just trying to help you improve.

FutureSquirrel responds:

Thanks for the intelligent review and critique. I'm sorry that some people have pegged your comments as useless- I don't think they are at all.
I guess people are just jumping to my defence- which is nice, but unnecessary in this case when the reviewer is actually presenting valuable feedback =)

The intro is definitely too long, agreed. And it isn't used to great effect either. I should have introduced specific characters in that early sequence rather than establishing just the setting and the tribe.

Its a tradition of mine to let the music carry everything. All my cartoons are inspired entirely from finding a great audio score to act on. As a tribute to the music, I try to leave them as unedited and uninsured by other audio as possible

John of War John of War

yo. daz dom funy shit

da p[art wen dis broda jon and lolz my beala doz shit dog.

Super Smash Super Smash

HOLY CRAP!!!

THATS FUCKING AMAZING! What the fuck with Peach at the end?

Jet Prince Jet Prince

screw newgrounds

This is made by my good friend Josh. Stop Bitching about the length. Its fucking brilliant.